Our experienced Exercise Physiologists can help you reduce pain while improving your strength, stability and control
What is Clinical Pilates?
Clinical Pilates is a form exercise that focuses on posture, stability, balance, strength, flexibility, and breathing. Clinical Pilates can be extremely beneficial for patients with musculoskeletal injuries. Our Program is specific to the individual and their needs by applying carefully selected exercises to patients with specific injuries. This ensures optimal gains whilst minimising the likelihood of injury aggravation. If you are interested in commencing Pilates for your injury, it is essential to have a review with a Physiotherapist or Exercise Physiologist for assessment. This assessment will give us a full picture of your range of motion, strength, stability, weakness and look for how we can use exercise to move away from painful positions.
So how can Clinical Pilates benefit you?
Some of the benefits of a good Clinical Pilates program include:
- Improved posture and stability
- Increased muscular strength and flexibility
- Improved rehabilitation and recovery timeframes
- Restoration of normal movement patterns
- Enhanced breathing control
- Increased co-ordination and muscular control
- Improved balance
- Prevention of future injuries